|Before: Cascade Cruisers prepare to tackle a dumpsite.|
At the end of the day, these fantastic folks, working with four Forestry staff members, had filled two, 20-yard dumpsters with garbage ranging from a queen sized mattress set to a sectional sofa to several pick-up loads of target shooting trash, collected 52 tires and pulled scotch broom while cleaning up storm debris at one of the campgrounds.
A huge thank-you goes out to everyone who rallied in the rain to remove the refuse. The Tillamook State Forest is lucky to have volunteers like you!
Clubs and Organizations represented included:
- Cascade Cruisers
- Friends of Wayne Naillon
- Jolly Jeepers
- Oregon Equestrian Trails (Northwest Chapter)
- Oregon Hunters Association
- Pacific Coast Rover Club
- Tillamook State Forest Trail Patrol
- Trucks in Tight Spots Off-Road
|TrashNoLands.org set up at the Beaver Dam Rock Pit for the day to collect garbage and to distribute information about safe target shooting.|
- SOLVE for helping to recruit volunteers and for providing clean-up supplies.
- SWATCO Sanitary, Inc of Banks for donating the dumpsters and hauling service.
- ODOT for providing the staging area for volunteer registration and dumpsters.