When you are in the woods, you can help keep the wildlife healthy by doing a few simple things:
- Don't feed the wildlife on purpose or on accident.
- Lock your food and garbage in secure containers or in your car.
- Keep your campfire area and campsite clean.
- Don't leave pet food easily accessible out of doors.
- Place bird feeders so that only birds can get into them.
- Keep your pets safe by keeping them on a leash.
- Remember, animals are attracted to smells so don't leave things like scented candles, lotions or soaps in places you don't want animals to get into.
- Use a flashlight when you are out at night.