Winter is great time to experience the forest under a blanket of snow if you are prepared. It's easy to get all of the information you need to have an enjoyable forest adventure.
Please remember, forest roads are not plowed like state highways or rural neighborhoods. It is easy for vehicles to become stuck in even the smallest amount of snow.
- Check the weather forecast. National Weather Service
- Check road conditions. Oregon TripCheck
- Check the forest road and trail report. Oregon Department of Forestry
- Read ODOT's Winter Travel Tips
- Pack your hats, gloves, boots, jackets, food, water, and everything else you need for your chosen activity to have a safe and enjoyable adventure.