COVID-19 Closure Update (03.19.2020)
The Oregon Department of Forestry maintains campgrounds in the Clatsop, Santiam, and Tillamook State Forests. Most campgrounds are currently closed for the season, and will not reopen for individual or group use.
Year-round campgrounds will close starting on Monday, March 23. All day-use and campground restrooms are temporarily closed due to limited janitorial services.
A reopening date for all restrooms and state forest campgrounds has not yet been determined. During this time, trails, forest roads and trailheads on state forestlands will remain open to the public.
The Tillamook State Forest's ten campgrounds are a great destination for folks who want to escape the hustle and bustle of "plugged-in" life in a rustic setting free from cell signals and without wifi access.
Each campground features basic amenities such as parking areas, hand pump water, vault toilets and information kiosks. The semi-primitive campsites provide a picnic table, fire pit and a place to pitch your tent.
When you arrive at your campground of choice, please check-in and pay your fee at the kiosk and read the information posted to update yourself about any rules and regulations that have changed since your last visit.
When you depart, please leave the campsite the way you would want to find it.
Please note that the $20 or $15 camping fee includes up to two vehicles.
Extra vehicles are $5 per night and the number of extra vehicles allowed in a site may be restricted.
Group Site Reservations
Reservations are taken January through March for the group sites at Jones Creek, Browns Camp and Nehalem Falls Campgrounds.
Group Site reservations for the 2019 camping season are now closed.
These campgrounds include opportunities for both car camping and walk-in tent camping.
Drive-in Sites are $20 per night
Walk-In Sites are $15 per night
Group Sites are $50 per night
- Gales Creek Campground Closed until further notice
- Jones Creek Campground Closed until further notice
- Nehalem Falls Campground Closed until further notice
Walk-In Tent Campgrounds
Walk-in campgrounds feature small campsites set around central parking areas. Walk-in Sites are $15 per night.
- Elk Creek Campground Closed March 23 until further notice
- Keenig Creek Campground Closed March 23 until further notice
OHV Campgrounds are set up with generously sized camping opportunities and a central staging area for day use activities.
Drive-in Sites are $20 per night
Diamond Mill is $5 per night per vehicle Group Sites are $50 per night
- Diamond Mill OHV Campground & Staging Area Closed March 23 until further notice
- Jordan Creek OHV Campground &Staging Area Closed until further notice
- Browns Camp OHV Campground & Staging Area Closed until further notice (Please Note: Browns Camp is designated for campers with trail ready dirt-bikes, quads, side-by-sides or 4-wheel drive vehicles. Campers without OHVs will be required to leave.)
Both Reehers Camp and Stagecoach have campsites for traditional car campers and sites with corrals that are designated for use by campers with horses only. All sites are $20 per night.
The picnic shelters at Stagecoach and Reehers Camp are open to use first-come, first-served and are not reserveable.
Please note, State Forests require weed seed free certified feed be used by visitors with livestock.
- Reehers Camp Closed until further notice
- Stagecoach Horse Camp Closed March 23 until further notice