Personal woodcutting permits:
Permit sales for personal woodcutting are available as listed below:
Woodcutting permit sales for the Forest Grove District units are CLOSED.
Woodcutting permit sales for the Tillamook District units are OPEN until July 18, 2021.
In order to purchase a permit, the following rules are established:
- Fee $20 for up to 2 cords of wood
- Permits are sold between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM.
- Only one permit at a time will be issued per person or household
- The license plate number of the vehicle transporting firewood is required
- You can only purchase a permit for yourself
- Checks are not accepted for permit purchase
- A limit of 3 permits in the woodcutting season (usually October through June), will be issued per person or household
- Permits are valid until two cords are gathered, but no longer than three weeks from the day of purchase
Woodcutting Guidelines and Restrictions
- Woodcutters are advised to be familiar with the basin areas, there is no guarantee wood will be available at any location.
- Woodcutting is allowed only within areas designated on permit map
- Live trees, downed old growth and cedar logs CANNOT be cut into firewood
- Woodcutters are required to follow environmental guidelines established on the permit
- Permits are issued for personal use only, not for resale
- Permits will not be extended due to acts of nature
- Violators will not be allowed to obtain a personal woodcutting permit for a period of one year from the date of violation
For More Information:Tillamook District:
- Monday - Friday: 503-842-2545
- After Hours Woodcutting Recording: 503-842-2548
Forest Grove District
- Monday - Friday: 503-357-2191
- After Hours Woodcutting Recording: 503-359-7401 ext 606